Friday, May 20, 2011

The Making of a Name

During a visit with my extended family last year, I made a dessert I had played with before, a tiramisu inspired cupcake. The things are crazy addictive, you can pop 'em back like M&Ms. At the kids table (unfortunately, I'm stuck there until further noticed), we were discussing what to call them. Tiramisu cups? Tira-mini-masus? My cousin Derek was on his third or fourth helping of the things, and he was struck with genius.


"Oo shu kah uh teeruh mifoofeez."


His mouth was full. Translated-


"You should call them TiramiSusies."


Now, this name was just so cute I could hardly stand it. And I liked it so much that it stuck, and eventually turned into a great idea for a name for our whole business. When Jordan and I started toying with the idea of a bakery, we kept coming back to that name. I said, "Are you sure? I hate that it only has my name. Can we think of a way to incorporate both of our names?" We thought at Jipsie's, because he often goes by JP or Jip. We thought about TiramiSusie's and JorDanish's, but that was just too long. And we don't even make danishes (yet). No matter what ideas we came up with, TiramiSusie's just always felt more right.


So in honor of the beginning of our internet business, we've made the original TiramiSusies.






They're a chocolate and coffee mini-cupcake with a cream cheese filling, topped with whipped cream and cocoa powder.


We're selling them for 50 cents a piece. If you live in the Tulsa area, look up our facebook, or email tiramisusies@gmail.com to get some ASAP!


Thanks! Until we eat again,


Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment